We may earn a commission if you make a purchase through one of our links. The newsroom and editorial staff were not involved in the creation of this content.
Does PrimeShred help you burn fat while preserving lean muscle? Is it the metabolic booster that it claims to be? We look at whether this weight loss supplement is legit, what the natural components promote, and whether it’s worth parting with your hard-earned cash.
- Ingredients show the exact amounts per serving.
- 100-day money-back guarantee.
- Energy-boosting ingredients.
- It claims to be side effect free because it only uses natural ingredients.
- Contains caffeine, which can be overstimulating.
- Can boost thermogenesis and accelerate your metabolism.
- May increase your energy and focus.
- No proprietary blends.
- No harmful or prohibited chemicals.
- Vegetarian/vegan friendly.
- Contains natural ingredients.
PrimeShred isn’t recommended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you are on prescription medications, consult your physician before starting PrimeShred.
People with diabetes, epilepsy, heart conditions, glaucoma, IBS, bipolar, anxiety, or bleeding disorders should check with their doctor first, as caffeine can worsen symptoms. Try Burn Lab Pro if you want to avoid caffeine.
Although PrimeShred states there are no known side effects because the ingredients are natural, they have several potential side effects. These include:
What Is PrimeShred?
PrimeShred is marketed as a “hardcore fat burner” weight loss supplement. It claims to help you achieve the most ripped and shredded body you have ever had.
The supplement is formulated to help accelerate weight loss by boosting your body’s fat-burning hormones. At the same time, it can protect your lean muscles and boost your energy, mood, and mental focus.
Who Makes It?
The supplement is made by a UK-based company called Health and Nutrition Ltd (previously called Muscle Club Limited Company). It is manufactured in America in an FDA-approved, GMP-certified facility.
How Does PrimeShred Work?
PrimeShred is designed to activate fat-burning hormones to make your body burn fat faster.
It claims to work in three phases:
- Phase 1 – A metabolic process called lipolysis is triggered to break down fat cells and release stored fat. This process is activated by some of the ingredients and amino acids in the supplement—notably L-tyrosine, Rhodiola, caffeine, and the capsaicin in cayenne pepper .
- Phase 2 – Your metabolism is increased, putting you in quicker fat-burning mode. PrimeShred contains thermogenic ingredients, like green tea, caffeine, and cayenne pepper, which increases your resting metabolic rate and boosts fat burning  .
- Phase 3 – It boosts your energy levels and enhances your focus. PrimeShred combines nootropics to increase your focus and L-theanine to increase your energy. It also features caffeine, green tea and green coffee, and Rhodiola to increase your energy and alertness.
PrimeShred claims to use clinical research to select its ingredients to set them apart from other fat burners. The ingredients are used at the dosages proven successful in studies to provide fat burning and weight loss benefits.
Here’s what is included and the science behind the ingredients:
Green Tea Extract
Each three capsule dose contains 500 mg of green tea extract. According to 11 clinical studies, the ingredient helps reduce triglyceride levels and improve fat loss in the human body . It may also boost norepinephrine, one of your fat-burning hormones.
Cayenne pepper can decrease appetite, which can help to reduce calorie consumption . Research also shows that cayenne pepper may increase thermogenesis and help to release stored fatty acids .
Like many other premium fat burners, PrimeShred contains a significant amount of caffeine. At 225 mg per dose, it features much more than a strong cup of coffee. The benefits of caffeine have been well researched. It likely has a significant impact on performance, increases focus, reduces appetite, and burns fat .
Green Coffee Extract
Green coffee beans are unroasted coffee beans, leaving them with a high level of chlorogenic acids and caffeine. As well as potentially increasing mental focus and reducing appetite, chlorogenic acids play a role in lipid metabolism, helping with fat breakdown .
L-theanine may increase cognitive performance and alertness when paired with caffeine . This will motivate you to work out—plus, the ingredient may help suppress appetite simultaneously.
PrimeShred claims that L-tyrosine helps enhance your focus, alertness, and concentration. It does this by delaying the depletion of neurotransmitters that play a crucial role in your mental cognition, particularly during workouts .
Bioperine Black Pepper Fruit
Bioperine is found in many weight loss supplements because of its ability to increase the absorption of nutrients. PrimeShred claims that the 5 mg included increases the bioavailability of ingredients by 30%. While it’s unclear where they get the figure, some studies back up what they say .
Rhodiola Rosea Root
Rhodiola rosea root can trigger fat loss by breaking down fat cells. It’s thought that this natural root could improve the chances of fat loss and achieving a toned and lean body by up to 10% .
Vitamin B Complex
Each serving of PrimeShred contains 15 mg of vitamin B3, 1.3 mg of vitamin B6, and 24 mcg of vitamin B12. B vitamins play an essential role in energy metabolism and can reduce fatigue.
Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) increases the production of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that can improve focus and alertness .
Like most fat burners, PrimeShred aims to help you lose weight in the shortest time possible. The four main benefits that PrimeShred offers include:
- Enhance and retain muscles.
- Promote fat burning.
- Improve recovery time.
- Boost energy.
Enhance and Retain Muscles
While PrimeShred claims to enhance and retain muscles, this will depend on what your workout looks like and whether you have a healthy diet. Without eating enough protein and carbs and working hard in the gym, you risk losing muscle.
However, PrimeShred fat burner does provide energy and nootropic ingredients, which provide focus. This helps you push through your workouts, meaning you stand a better chance of retaining your muscle mass.
Bioperine also enhances antioxidant activity, protecting your muscles during exercise and making it easier to increase muscle mass .
Promote Fat Burning
The product has a variety of proven ingredients to help get rid of fat stored in your body, including green tea, caffeine anhydrous, and Rhodiola rosea root. They all have evidence to back how they support thermogenesis, lower triglycerides, reduce appetite, and support whole-body fat burning.
Improve Recovery Time
With L-tyrosine, B vitamins, L-theanine, and DMAE, it is feasible that PrimeShred would help improve your recovery time during intense cutting routines.
However, alongside the supplement, you should also concentrate on your diet, ensuring that you get enough protein, carbs, fats, and plenty of fruit and vegetables to feel your best.
There’s no denying that the level of caffeine in Prime Shred should help to perk you up and give you the performance benefit you need for your workouts. The added nootropics (DMAE, L-tyrosine, and L-theanine) can give you mental alertness and prevent brain fog.
Prime Shred Side Effects
Although PrimeShred doesn’t list any known side effects, the level of caffeine in the product can cause the following side effects:
Who Shouldn’t Take PrimeShred?
Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding shouldn’t take PrimeShred because of the level of stimulants. Anyone with the following conditions should check with their doctor first, as caffeine can worsen symptoms:
- Heart conditions.
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Bipolar disorder.
- Bleeding disorders.
PrimeShred Reviews and Customer Results
While the number of customer reviews online are limited, most review PrimeShred highly. Reviews focus on energy levels and the ability to burn calories and lose weight quickly. Many users say PrimeShred lives up to its claims, helping them lose weight faster and achieve a toned body.
PrimeShred Review Reddit
There are not many discussions on Reddit about PrimeShred, but the few user reports say it is worth using. Users mention an increase in energy and stamina, better concentration and focus, and the ability to manage their appetite better.
Prime Shred Before and After
Numerous before and after pictures have been published by users. However, it’s always worth remembering that what people show won’t always be the whole story. Just because a supplement works for one person doesn’t necessarily mean it will have the same effect on you.
Is PrimeShred Right For Me?
PrimeShred fat burner could offer the boost and motivation you need to get through your diet. However, despite the hardcore fat burner claims, it takes more than just a supplement to lose body fat. Diet and regular exercise play a crucial role as well.
If you usually struggle with motivation and sticking to your regime, it could be something to consider, but it won’t mean you don’t have to do the hard work. The supplement’s ingredients should help with fat loss—but they aren’t wonder drugs.
Where Can I Buy PrimeShred?
PrimeShred is only available to buy online on its official website.
Each tub of PrimeShred contains 90 capsules—enough for 30 days. The more you buy, the cheaper it becomes, with free tubs thrown in and free shipping. Currently, prices are:
- One tub is $49.99 plus shipping.
- Two tubs, plus one free tub, are $99.99 with free shipping.
- Three tubs, plus two free tubs, are $149.99 with free shipping.
PrimeShred offers a 100-day money-back guarantee. However, any returns need to be unopened, unused products. The small print on the website says that one-tub purchases don’t apply because one tub doesn’t give you enough time to experience the supplement’s full-body fat-burning results.
We answer common questions about PrimeShred.
Is PrimeShred Worth It?
On the face of it, PrimeShred does seem to offer some valuable benefits. The all-natural ingredients are a bonus for fat burners, which puts this brand up in our estimations. However, it is unlikely that the fat burner will achieve the lean physique you hoped for unless you improve your diet and exercise.
When Should I Take PrimeShred?
The recommended time to take PrimeShred is 20 minutes before your breakfast on training and non-training days.
Where Can I Buy PrimeShred For Sale?
You can buy PrimeShred on the supplement’s official website.
There are a whole array of other fat-burning pills on the market. Let’s look at the differences between PrimeShred and some of the other diet pills:
PrimeShred vs. PhenQ
PrimeShred contains slightly more caffeine than PhenQ — 225 mg compared to 200 mg. While it doesn’t seem much, it could still impact how you feel. Other shared ingredients include piperine, cayenne pepper, and vitamin B3.
PhenQ also contains a range of ingredients that PrimeShred doesn’t to support lean muscle mass and balance blood sugar levels. Perhaps the most significant difference between the two is the lack of nootropics in PhenQ. While this doesn’t directly increase fat burning, it may affect your physical performance.
PhenQ comes in slightly more expensive at $59.99 a bottle but does offer similar multi-buy savings to PrimeShred.
PrimeShred vs. Instant Knockout
Marketed as “the professional’s choice,” Instant Knockout contains similar ingredients to PrimeShred. It does contain glucomannan, a fiber that helps to keep you full.
Aside from that, the most significant difference is the nutritionist-backed formula, which gives this a slight edge over PrimeShred for trimming body fat.
Price-wise, Instant Knockout is more expensive, starting at $65 for a one-month supply.
PrimeShred vs. Phentermine
Unlike PrimeShred, Phentermine is a well-known prescription weight loss supplement. The medication works by increasing your heart rate and energy levels while controlling your appetite. It’s a controlled substance and requires a doctor’s prescription.
Phentermine is prescribed to people with a body mass index of 30 plus or people with diabetes, high cholesterol, or high blood pressure. It’s deemed habit-forming and should only be used under medical supervision.
Conclusion: Prime Shred Reviews
PrimeShred has some great ingredients backed by studies that show their benefit for stubborn stored fat and energy production.
Users of the fat burning supplement say that it helps them shed weight and reach their desired body shape. The inclusion of nootropics guarantees it to help with focus in your workouts, and the high level of stimulants will prevent you from losing energy during a cut.
However, you have to make changes to your diet and ensure that you exercise to get results. While the supplement may help you control your appetite, PrimeShred is unlikely to make you burn fat swiftly without calorie deficits and regular weight loss exercises.
- J;, Belza A;Frandsen E;Kondrup. “Body Fat Loss Achieved by Stimulation of Thermogenesis by a Combination of Bioactive Food Ingredients: A Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind 8-Week Intervention in Obese Subjects.” International Journal of Obesity (2005), U.S. National Library of Medicine, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16652130/.
- P;, Koot P;Deurenberg. “Comparison of Changes in Energy Expenditure and Body Temperatures after Caffeine Consumption.” Annals of Nutrition & Metabolism, U.S. National Library of Medicine, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/7486839/.
- BK;, Whiting S;Derbyshire E;Tiwari. “Capsaicinoids and Capsinoids. A Potential Role for Weight Management? A Systematic Review of the Evidence.” Appetite, U.S. National Library of Medicine, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22634197/.
- MS;, Hursel R;Viechtbauer W;Westerterp-Plantenga. “The Effects of Green Tea on Weight Loss and Weight Maintenance: A Meta-Analysis.” International Journal of Obesity (2005), U.S. National Library of Medicine, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19597519/.
- Yoshioka M;St-Pierre S;Drapeau V;Dionne I;Doucet E;Suzuki M;Tremblay A; “Effects of Red Pepper on Appetite and Energy Intake.” The British Journal of Nutrition, U.S. National Library of Medicine, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10743483/.
- A;, Yoshioka M;St-Pierre S;Suzuki M;Tremblay. “Effects of Red Pepper Added to High-Fat and High-Carbohydrate Meals on Energy Metabolism and Substrate Utilization in Japanese Women.” The British Journal of Nutrition, U.S. National Library of Medicine, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10211048/.
- Tabrizi R;Saneei P;Lankarani KB;Akbari M;Kolahdooz F;Esmaillzadeh A;Nadi-Ravandi S;Mazoochi M;Asemi Z; “The Effects of Caffeine Intake on Weight Loss: A Systematic Review and DOS-Response Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials.” Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, U.S. National Library of Medicine, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30335479/.
- Naveed M;Hejazi V;Abbas M;Kamboh AA;Khan GJ;Shumzaid M;Ahmad F;Babazadeh D;FangFang X;Modarresi-Ghazani F;WenHua L;XiaoHui Z; “Chlorogenic Acid (CGA): A Pharmacological Review and Call for Further Research.” Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy = Biomedecine & Pharmacotherapie, U.S. National Library of Medicine, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29080460/.
- Giesbrecht T;Rycroft JA;Rowson MJ;De Bruin EA; “The Combination of L-Theanine and Caffeine Improves Cognitive Performance and Increases Subjective Alertness.” Nutritional Neuroscience, U.S. National Library of Medicine, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21040626/.
- Examine.com. “L-Tyrosine: Benefits, Usage, Dosage, Side Effects, and How to Take.” Examine.com, 28 Apr. 2022, https://examine.com/supplements/l-tyrosine/.
- K;, Srinivasan. “Black Pepper and Its Pungent Principle-Piperine: A Review of Diverse Physiological Effects.” Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, U.S. National Library of Medicine, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17987447/.
- NT;, Verpeut JL;Walters AL;Bello. “Citrus Aurantium and Rhodiola Rosea in Combination Reduce Visceral White Adipose Tissue and Increase Hypothalamic Norepinephrine in a Rat Model of Diet-Induced Obesity.” Nutrition Research (New York, N.Y.), U.S. National Library of Medicine, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23746567/.
- Malanga, G., Aguiar, M. B., Martinez, H. D., & Puntarulo, S. (2012). New insights on dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) features as a free radical scavenger. Drug metabolism letters, 6(1), 54–59. https://doi.org/10.2174/187231212800229282
- Kim, Jisu et al. “Piperine enhances carbohydrate/fat metabolism in skeletal muscle during acute exercise in mice.” Nutrition & metabolism vol. 14 43. 4 Jul. 2017, doi:10.1186/s12986-017-0194-2