More than 20 employees were exposed to a hazardous substance at a Best Buy distribution center in Georgia, media outlets reported.
At least one person was hospitalized and the other workers complained of irritation to their eyes, noses and throats, WSBTV reported.
Firefighters received a 911 call at 9:15 a.m. on Thursday, May 2 about a hazardous material at a Best Buy warehouse in Dublin, WMGT reported. When first responders arrived, the workers were already leaving the building.
A Laurens County hazmat team helped firefighters decontaminate the site and emergency medical service responders examined the employees, WGXA reported.
“As soon as we learned of the issue, we immediately evacuated the facility and contacted local authorities,” Best Buy told WMAZ in a statement.